Earthen Wellness Private Limited was incorporated in June 2015. The Company was founded with the primary intent of preserving and promoting the age-old traditions of Ayurveda, holistic wellness and Oriental therapies. The Company aims to deliver services and products which meet the highest standards as benchmarked and regulated by Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action to ensure long lasting client satisfaction.
The Company has established its first Wellness Centre in Bangalore’s prime CBD location just off MG Road. The Earthen Wellness Centre in Ulsoor Road, off MG Road caters exclusively for women. The staff who manage the centre are also all women.
Mrs. Sharmila Ravinder Dhareshwar
Earthen Wellness Pvt Ltd was founded by Mrs. Sharmila Ravinder, a qualified Accountant and an Associate Member of CPA Australia with over 15 years experience in Private Equity, Finance and Investment sector. She is currently the Managing Director of Earthen Wellness Pvt Ltd. Her passion for saving Earth’s limited and valuable resources and preservation of cultures, traditions, Earth sciences especially in the ancient science of Ayurveda had led to the founding of Earthen Wellness Private Limited. She has a keen insight into holistic wellness and her long stints in Hong Kong gave her knowledge of the age-old traditions of the far-east in the forms of Taichi & Reiki. In addition, she enjoys writing on various social issues, politics and encourages multiple narratives. She writes for the Times of India under a popular opinion section called the Tiger Trail.
Dr. G.G. Gangadharan
Ayurvedacharya, FAIP (USA), PhD, MoM (McGill, Canada). Has dedicated himself to propagation of traditional Ayurveda knowledge and local health traditions. Engages in influencing public and state opinion on issues concerning Indian traditional knowledge in general and Ayurveda fraternity in particular. He is the Founder Director of all India movement of revitalization of India's medical heritage namely Lok Swasthya Parampara Samvardhan Samithy (LSPSS).
- To assume leadership to ensure the application of Ayurveda and traditional systems of healthcare to meet contemporary healthcare needs.
- To conceive and lead basic and applied research in the field of Traditional Medicine that broadens the frontiers of healthcare research and drug development.
- To continuously pursue excellence in Ayurveda in order to be a catalyst in the renaissance of Ayurveda.
- To participate in research and development that attempts to uncover the inherent power of the holistic principles of Ayurveda in understanding the cause and remedy for human suffering.
- Master of Management degree pursuant to the International Masters in Health Leadership (IMHL), a post-doctoral international management program for outstanding senior health leaders, from McGill University, Canada, 2014
- PhD on developing a standardized clinical protocol from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune, 2013
- Fellow of Ashoka Innovators for the Public, Ashoka Trust, USA, 2000
- Completed a unique 7½ years Ayurveda Medical Degree ‘Ayurvedacharya’ from Madras University in 1985
- Director, MSR Indic Centre for Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine since Oct 2014
- Additional Director, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine (I-AIM), BANGALORE and Medical Director of its healthcare wing, the I-AIM Healthcare Centre, a 100-bed healthcare facility since 2003. As Additional Director and a part of the top leadership of I-AIM, was involved in steering the organization guiding the major research activities and programs of the organization. As medical director, manages and supervises the 100-bed integrative healthcare center and guides the major research programs of the institute.
- Started career with Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, Coimbatore. Involved in development of new dosage forms and traditional Ayurvedic formulations – classical as well as proprietary. As a technical director at Arya Vaidya Pharmacy, continued to practice Ayurveda and actively lead many initiatives to promote Ayurveda and use of medicinal plants.
- President, Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action (CISSA), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
CISSA is a non-profit, non-governmental organization of scientists and citizens combining rigorous scientific analysis, innovative policy development and effective citizen advocacy to build a cleaner, safer and healthier world. (www.cissa.co.in). As the head of CISSA, was centrally involved in the conception and execution of a landmark event on national biodiversity called the Indian Biodiversity Congress, 2010 and 2012. Also, was instrumental in CISSA organizing two major events called ‘Annam’ (2008 and 2010) on food security focusing on India’s wholesome food traditions.
Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action ( CISSA )
Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action ( CISSA ) Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA) is a passionate group of minds drawn from a broad range of disciplines committed to sustainable development and use of science for the upliftment of the society .It ceaselessly carries out debates and actions to address the pressing needs of the modern era with their outstanding and empiric visions, valuable time and abundant ideas.
CISSA looks at the traditional and modern science with objectivity and interlinks the two for mutual benefit and combines rigorous scientific approach and the best of tradition to achieve a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Working with likeminded agencies and people at the regional, national and international levels, CISSA has the patronage from the State Government, various ministries of Government of India and a large number of highly reputed public and private sector agencies. Dr. G.G. Gangadharan, President of CISSA who is Medical Director, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrated Medicine, FRLHT, Bengaluru formally inaugurated CISSA at Thiruvananthapuram on September 16, 2006.
CISSA had 20 founder members consisting of doctors, engineers, scientists, teachers, social workers and journalists who shared a passion for saner environmental and Developmental interventions. Now CISSA has a large network of members working on voluntary principles from disciplines like Environment, Development, Food & Agriculture, Clean Energy Alternatives, Traditional Indian Sciences like Ayurveda and Yoga, Public Health and Disaster Management. A group of full time professionals and support staffs assists in day to day activities.